ABOUT FARMER’S FRIDGE
At Farmer’s Fridge, we believe it should be easy for everyone to get delicious, nutritious food in a hurry. We source the best ingredients we can find, and bring them to our kitchen in Chicago’s Fulton Market. Every night we chop, roast, mix, and shred everything by hand, creating tasty salads, meals, and snacks that we deliver daily to our growing network of citywide Fridges. Chances are good there’s a Fridge near you right now, stocked full of good stuff, waiting to serve you something tasty with a few taps of a touchscreen. If you’re passionate about our mission and about giving our customers a great experience, keep reading!
About the Role
What you are: The first Director of Field Operations for our business, responsible for ensuring we have Fridges ready to deploy, that those in the field are running smoothly, and that all are stocked efficiently (cost effectively). Comfortable in an environment of high-growth and ambiguity, but obsessed with driving clarity, and excited about the challenge of creating a fresh-food distribution model no one has ever built.
A relentless prioritizer. You will have a million areas to improve, yet you intuitively know how to prioritize the most important areas to accomplish your goals. You are efficiency minded, flexible, and energized by solving problems, and addressing the core issues.
What you are not: not territorial or defensive. We are improvement-oriented, open to giving & receiving feedback in a kind and constructive manner. (big egos need not apply) You are not afraid to get your hands dirty, or work odd hours when needed. We are a 24-7 operation, and developing all aspects of our distribution system means sometimes working outside the typical 9-5!
- Manage our team of field service technicians and support them in solving Fridge issues in the field
- Oversee modification and testing of Fridges prior to deployment and procure/manage associated inventory
- Track assets (Fridges) from readiness to deployment, manage upgrades, and ensure quantity ready to deploy
- Identify, troubleshoot, and escalate (as needed) recurring Fridge issues to maximize uptime and minimize Fridge lifetime cost
- Serve as main point of coordination between operations and technology teams when integration required
- Continuously plan and optimize our Fleet routes and vehicle usage
- Manage fleet issues – insurance, unplanned maintenance, short term rentals, etc.
- Establish and manage Fridge and Fleet preventative maintenance program
- Lead the development of training materials and/or SOPs for Field Operations
- 5+ years of experience relevant to the above;
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in engineering and/or operations management;
- Worked in a high-growth environment;
- A deep passion for food and the Farmer’s Fridge mission to improve people’s lives through 2/7 access to fresh food;
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows – we are a new place every quarter!
Click this link https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=o4uF6fw3&s=Food_Tech
- Traditional Benefits – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
- Daily Fridge Credits – You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge for lunch.
- Monthly Cellphone Bill Credit.
- Professional Development Opportunities. Fantastic Team – You will get to work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food accessible 24/7.
- Clarity Breaks – At Farmer’s Fridge, we reward you for stepping away from your routine to reflect on your work strategy and top priorities.
- Monthly Yoga Classes –You can participate every month in our office yoga class and take time to relax, meditate and stretch your body.
- Social Mixers –Works feels like a party at times, and this happens quite frequently. We take time to stop what we are doing to intentionally connect with our people across all locations and celebrate their life happenings.
- Volunteering Opportunities – We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our Core Values.
- Sports Leagues – Another way our employees engage with the community that fuels teamwork and collaboration with a healthy dose of competition.
- Spontaneous Events – Solar eclipse event at the park? We’re there. Daybreaker party at the Planetarium? Count us in. Taste of Chicago impromptu get together? Absolutely! We are constantly scoping nearby events to give our team a break from our unconventional routine.
- Family Events – From company sponsored BBQ’s to social gatherings, we always make time to meet our team member’s family members and friends.
Since our recruiting process is homegrown (no robots involved), when we experience a high volume of applicants it becomes quite challenging to respond timely to each request. However, be assured that we will provide you with an update as soon as possible.