The Director of Branding and Design oversees the presentation of Bread Alone to the world. This role supports consistent, on-brand communication, collateral, and messaging across social and digital, wholesale materials, retail stores, and work spaces.
The Director of Branding and Design must continually innovate within the role, cutting through noise to communicate our core Purpose and Values to our customers and employees. Bread Alone is seeking a deep and humble listener that can bring together our brand attributes into concepts and language that resonate and inspire.
Though Bread Alone is based in the Hudson Valley, the right candidate can fill this role remotely if paired with regular visits to our bakery and cafe locations.
Duties, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee brand communication both internally and externally and create consistent brand voice across all touch points
- Oversee product packaging (wholesale and retail) and support consistent, on-brand, thoughtful, and sustainable packaging solutions
- Oversee social media presence and ensure regular posts of on-brand content to social platforms (IG, FB, LinkedIn)
- Maintain up-to-date branded materials to support wholesale business, such as product guides, business sustainability updates, and new product announcements
- Maintain up-to-date branded materials to support our retail business, such as food menus and product signs
- Create materials and campaigns to promote and support key initiatives, such as sustainability announcements
- Oversee photography for social media, branding campaigns, and retail and wholesale efforts
- Oversee graphic design for ongoing branding needs, social media campaigns, and product packaging
- Manage web presence and ensure timely, on-brand updates per business needs
- Create regular mailers to Bread Alone distribution lists via Mailchimp and maintain associated contacts databases
- Develop and implement brand-building opportunities through marketing campaigns, social media campaigns, and co-branded events and partnerships
- Manage trade show booth aesthetics and relevant marketing materials, and work with sales and ownership to represent Bread Alone at trade shows
- Represent Bread Alone at branding opportunities, such as collaboration/launch events with area businesses and organizations
- Stay educated on issues related to organic food industry, sustainable agriculture, and climate change, and ensure that Bread Alone is positioned as industry thought leader
- Visit Bread Alone retailers, other food businesses, and branded companies in other industries to continually bring new branding and marketing ideas to Bread Alone
- Help establish and maintain community partnerships with appropriate organizations in the community, such as complementary food businesses, and food- and environment-related non-profits
- At least 4 years experience in branding and marketing roles with increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated track record of creative innovation and direction
- Experience with Adobe creative suite
- Experience as photographer or with creative direction of photography
- Experience as graphic designer or with creative direction of graphic design
- Approachable with effective coaching skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen, learn and distill consistent brand language and aesthetics
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Respect for and comfort with a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Willing to follow all safety guidelines set out by Bread Alone
- The Bakery is open 365 days a year and team members must be willing to work consistently throughout the year which includes holidays and weekends
Bread Alone is committed to balancing the demands of the business and providing a living wage to all those who contribute to our success. Pay range for this position is $75,000 to $124,000 annually. A breakdown of the pay range for all positions company-wide is listed below. We are proud to offer an industry leading comprehensive benefits package for all employees that includes, but is not limited to, a quarterly bonus plan, health, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, and wellness time.
Bread Alone Pay scale:
Professional- $17 to $21/Hour (Tipped Professional- $16 to $19/Hour)
Supervisor- $21.50 to $24/Hour (Tipped Supervisor- $19.50 to $23/Hour)
Junior Manager – $50,000 – $54,000 annually
Managers- $46,000 to $75,000 annually
Director- $75,000 to $124,000 annually
Vice President- $125,000 – $174,000 annually
C- Suite- $175,000 to $250,000 annually
Company-Wide, Quarterly Bonus: All full-time employees are included in our quarterly bonus program. As you spend more time with us you earn a bigger share of our bonus pool. As our business succeeds, so too will you.
Annual Review: Every year you will receive feedback on your professional development and will be eligible for a raise.
401k: Employer match of up to 4% after 6 months
Paid Time Off: 80 hours increasing to 120 hours at year 3, then increasing 8 hours yearly to a maximum of 160 hours.
Wellness Time: 56 hours for full time and 16 hours for part time after 30 days. Unused time paid out at the end of year!
CDPHP Health Insurance: Healthcare available through CDPHP.
Educational Assistance: up to $2,000 annually