MBOLD is a CEO-driven collaboration of Minnesota’s globally-leading and growing base of agriculture
and food companies and organizations. This Strategic Initiative is working to accelerate solutions to the
globally significant challenges facing the Ag and Food sectors to drive sustainability, economic growth,
innovation, and talent attraction/retention. We are at the center of Feeding 9 Billion People, protecting
the earth, and growing entrepreneurship and innovation and have the power to drive real change, not
just in Minnesota but globally.
The MBOLD Director will play a central role in advancing both the Initiative overall and a growing set of
projects, which is the mechanism by which the partners in the Initiative drive change. This is a leadership
role with important responsibility for building and accelerating a regional/state effort that aims to
create global impact. The Director will build and manage relationships with committed CEO and
executive-level leadership from a diverse set of organizations. This position is a significant opportunity
for true personal impact with autonomy to develop strategy, turn strategy into tactics, and build an
effort that scales
MBOLD is currently organized around 4 strategic areas, each activated by projects focusing on
data/sustainability, entrepreneurship, innovation, and raising the visibility of Minnesota’s food & agriculture sector. The priority projects are implemented in partnership with multiple organizations.
The Director will work with leaders from partner organizations to scale the breadth and impact of the
existing projects while identifying and standing up even more ambitious projects.
The Initiative consists of a CEO/ Leadership Group (meets quarterly), a Task Force (CEO designees; meets
every 6 weeks), project teams (subsets of Task Force members; meet every 1-2 weeks), and project-
/domain-specific advisory groups (varies).
- Shape overall strategic direction of the Initiative. Facilitate Initiative leadership in revisiting goals
and priority projects annually. Work to continually improve Initiative operating model to best
- Secure/support/oversee project lead and team for each priority project. Serve as an advisor and
thought partner and take on action items as needed.
- For each priority project in conjunction with project lead and/or team: Set ambitious yet achievable
goals aligned with overall initiative strategy. Develop project plans and identify resource
requirements. Ensure project progress and quality. Identify obstacles / requests for help and find
solutions from the wide range of resources across the initiative and member organizations. Bring
recommendations, status updates, and new resource requests at CEO Table and Task Force
- Lead planning for CEO Table and Task Force meetings. Propose agendas reflecting issues,
opportunities, and priorities. Create high quality communications to facilitate the discussions.
Prepare the CEO co-chairs and other presenters, and regularly presents.
- Define MBOLD communications strategy. Create related collateral, e.g., community/stakeholder
communication, public outreach, website materials, with support from GREATER MSP
- Understand the assets that exist within the partnership, access and deploy to drive work forward.
- As MBOLD is one of the initiatives of the GREATER MSP partnership, this position will work closely
with GREATER MSP Vice President of Strategic Initiatives to provide updates, reports on key
metrics, and to receive coaching, and guidance on opportunities to advance MBOLD by
collaborating with other Strategic Initiatives of the Partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience; ideally in an entrepreneurial environment
- Previous experience building and managing complex coalitions or partnerships
- A passion for solving challenges in Minnesota’s food and agriculture ecosystem; content knowledge
and existing relevant relationships a plus
A track record of building coalitions and/or successfully leading complex multi-stakeholder projects and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with multiple audiences, including executives
- Proven ability to form relationships and credibility with a diverse set of people quickly and
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, deadline-driven environment often managing
multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong critical thinking skills with the flexibility to respond to shifting priorities and new
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
GREATER MSP offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and
consistent with nonprofit director-level benchmarking.