Mori is seeking an experienced HR professional to plan, lead, direct, develop and coordinate our human resources and recruiting efforts. The candidate will have the following responsibilities (which are subject to change):
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the goals and improve upon our strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Collaborates with team and department leads to proactively identify recruiting needs.
- Manages the recruitment, hiring and onboarding process.
- Designs and implements new policies, processes and systems to support HR efforts, specifically around hiring, total compensation and talent management/employee growth.
- Administers programs including but not limited to: compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance evaluations; and training and development.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends, makes recommendations to enable the organization to meet our goals with regard to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes and implications to senior leadership.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Masters degree and/or HR certification is/are a plus.
- 5+ years of HR management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
If interested in applying to the Mori team, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with “Director, HR” in the subject line.
Why You Should Work With Us
Mori, formerly known as Cambridge Crops, is a fast-moving, venture backed, B2B, technology start-up focused on innovations in the food, agriculture, and packaging industries. Specifically, we leverage the unique properties of a naturally derived protein found in silk to extend the shelf life of perishable foods, including whole and cut produce, meat, seafood, and shelf stable foods like confections and snacks.
Our mission statement, “More food, Less waste,” is supported by our company goals to reduce food waste, improve supply chain efficiencies, and increase food access.
Our tight-knit team has spent their careers developing and commercializing technology. We abide by the following values:
- Think big, start small
- Embrace complexity
- See it through
- Operate with care
- Keep perspective
Our employees enjoy a generous and flexible paid-time-off policy. Mori also offers all full-time employees comprehensive physical and mental health benefits.
Mori is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws. Employment opportunities at Mori are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.