TITLE: Design Manager – Food Spaces
ROLE: As Design Manager – Food Spaces, you will join our CBRE on-site at our Silicon Valley-based Fortune 500 tech client, managing design to create food experiences that promote collaboration while engaging and energizing a global workforce, every day. With more than 220 cafes globally serving over 175,000 meals daily, the food team works with a variety of vendors to provide great service, delicious food and innovative food experiences.
As Design Manager – Food Spaces, you will work as part of a regional team and support the development process that creates the spaces where all staff interact with food. From the ever-popular Micro-Kitchens to multi-course meals at unique cafes, the design, layout and experience of eating at any client site should promote healthy habits and social serendipity. Our food venues need to support the healthiest, happiest workforce on the planet and you help to ensure everything gets done by the right people at the right time to bring these venues to life.
● Support the Regional Design Manager – Food Spaces on development and design projects; ensure all team members are engaged in each appropriate project phase; maintain and distribute necessary documentation to keep project phasing on track.
● Support the management of the different work streams which need to simultaneously occur in order to bring the food venues to life. These work streams include, but are not limited to, space planning, concept development, menu development, design development, project turnover, change and opening processes.
● Assist the Regional Design Manager – Food Spaces with the management of all required documents, including reporting and data management tools, written meeting minutes, and all design templates.
● Guide the design and development teams on how to best create engaging and exciting food spaces in order to deliver unique experiences for our users including collecting and sharing best practices across multiple projects concurrently.
● Track all details of the design, schedule and budget of each project and be able to communicate potential pain points to the Regional Food Design Project Manager, the broader food team and project teams.
● Understand and identify the unique complexities of each project early on in the process in order to objectively identify the most capable resources, specifically but not limited to restaurant/cafe designer and food service equipment consultant.
● Act as the liaison to the client food team on all construction projects contacting and engaging the appropriate members in each project phase, managing the process, and ensuring all budgets are maintained.
● Ensure final sign-off for all milestone project phases from block planning to project completion including schematic design, and design development, as well as mid and final review of all finishes and FF&E items are met to maintain schedule.
● BA/BS degree in Project Management or Design (Architecture/Interior) (In lieu of degree, 3-5 years relevant work experience).
● 1-3 years of professional project management work with a focus on architecture, design, or construction related fields.
● Experience within food service or retail operations and flow either through direct experience or professional design work.
● Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues with capability to think outside the box and bring creative, non-standard, and innovative solutions to the table.
● Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment with a great degree of self motivation and initiative.
● Proven vision, leadership and strategic skills to prioritize evolving initiatives in a fast-paced environment; able to turn ideas and capabilities into effective initiatives that engage users.
● Detail oriented with ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects in different phases simultaneously with little direct supervision.
● Understanding of permitting process, construction terminology and building systems, and overall project sequence and timing.
● Experience with food service operations and flow either through direct experience or professional design work.