Baldor Specialty Foods is seeking a Database Administrator. The position is a full performance level database administration position managing databases within our warehouse and our other locations. This position will serve as database administrator for the development and production of SQL databases and be responsible for new software installs, installation and support of enterprise relational database management systems, multiple applications, and multiple environments including hardware, network and interface implications. Duties include database creation, maintenance, tuning, advanced backup, and recovery.
WHO WE ARE
Baldor Specialty Foods is one of the largest importers and distributors of fresh produce and specialty foods in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Beginning as Balducci’s fruit stand in Greenwich Village in 1946, Baldor maintains its original promise – curate and deliver the best and freshest foods in the world. Baldor seeks to provide great specialty foods and logistics that give their customers an edge. To learn more, go to Baldorfood.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Review current data integrity and consistency.
Ad hoc Querying.
Data relation analysis.
Create stored procedures.
Create views and Inline views.
Backup / Recovery strategy.
Instance load analysis.
Waits and locks review / resolution.
Replication (nice to have, I don’t do it but I know how to support and create it)
Log shipping (will be nice to have)
Data file mapping and splitting.
SSRS report development and distribution.
SSIS package development and deployment.
Power Shell (preferred)
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmic-ally
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
Baldor Specialty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age (40 and over), Handicap or National Origin. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.