This is a Bay Area based position with 2-3 days per week working onsite at a key customer location, and the other days work-from-home. Up to 25% travel for customer trainings in other US locations.
Join a mission-based team in meaningful work to build a more sustainable future.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to join our team and work in a fast-paced and exciting role that includes support of program implementation, cultivating client relationships, conducting training, monitoring and analyzing data, and contributing to our education and knowledge assets. Our CSMs are responsible for driving product usage, adoption, and supporting waste reduction results.
The ideal candidate has:
- Alignment with Leanpath’s core values: humility, kindness, fairness, excellence, teamwork, drive & productivity
- A passion for sustainability and reducing food waste
- Aptitude for analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Skills in presentation and training delivery
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An affinity for helping others solve problems
- Proven ability to work independently and manage projects
- A passion for continuous improvement and problem-solving
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
The CSM plays a significant role in the customer success journey from the start by managing our customer champion onboarding and virtual training to ensure program adoption, behavior change and waste reduction results. Training these customers in the use of Leanpath products and services as well as implementation of Leanpath food waste prevention methods, either via web-based training platforms, or in-person is a key part of this role.
This CSM role develops and executes the delivery of tools and best practices to aid chef-leaders and management in analyzing food waste data for insights, identifying root-causes of food waste, and fostering behavior change, with the goal of reducing food waste and improving the customer’s bottom line.
This CSM role continues to support the customer on their waste reduction journey by responding to champion inquiries and directing to online resources and tools, managing data requests, working with internal stakeholders on execution, monitoring customer data to ensure progress, and expediting issues or technical problems in collaboration with the Leanpath Support team.
The CSM will assist in monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the performance and compliance for assigned accounts. In doing so, the CSM will use internal systems to escalate performance or compliance issues to the Account Director. This role requires clear internal documentation of tasks, communications and processes.
Training customers in the use of Leanpath products and services as well as implementation of Leanpath food waste prevention methods, either on-location or via web-based training platforms, is a key part of this role. This role will interact directly with customers on-site two to three days a week, with other days working from home and/or traveling to other customer sites, primarily domestically (west coast focus). Must be willing and excited to work on-site and travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- 2-3 years experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience working for a SaaS / data analytics company
- Presentation/training experience preferred
- Familiarity with corporate foodservice operations preferred
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- High level of project management and organizational skills
- Experience analyzing data and creating value-oriented meaning for customer consumption
- Experience conducting trainings, both in-person and virtually
- Comfortable teaching (coaching) in both in-person environments and via webinar platforms and delving into analytics and reports for foodservice clients
- Fluent with modern office software applications such as Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.), Microsoft Excel, CRM software, and able to learn new applications quickly.
- Experience in commercial food service preferred