Hungryroot is an online grocery service that delivers modern, healthy food with recipe and meal planning support. Hungryroot’s mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook, and love healthy food. In addition to offering a curated selection of modern brands, Hungryroot develops its own in-house line of innovative healthy products—like Black Bean Brownie Batter (Women’s Health Snack Week Editor’s Pick 2019)—and is challenging the traditional CPG model by building a customer-driven innovation platform to push outdated American grocery offerings into the 21st century.
About the opportunity
Hungryroot is seeking an energetic, empathetic, and detail oriented customer advocate who’s ready to make their mark on a growing team. As a Customer Service Specialist, you’ll be responsible for all day-to-day interactions with our customers over email, text, chat and social media.
Customer Service Specialists will work 30 to 40 hours per week in 6 to 8-hour shifts, including some weekends and holidays. Your ability to work non-traditional hours is a huge plus!
What you’ll do
- Become an expert on Hungryroot & spread the love to everyone!
- Respond to customer comments & questions over email, text, chat and social channels.
- Collaborate with customer service colleagues to identify and track issues & trends to improve the customer experience.
- Identify opportunities for creating new & updating current processes.
- Constant communication with Senior CS manager & other leadership to identify customer pain points.
What you bring to the table:
- 0-2 years of experience in a customer facing role
- The ability to work evenings & weekends highly preferred.
- Emotionally intelligent, solution-oriented communication
- Ability to convey complex issues to the team while delivering personable help to customers
- Ability to learn multiple internal systems & processes quickly
- Detail-oriented with a deliberate pace
- Exceptional & empathetic written communication skills
- A love of learning & the ability to keep up with a constantly changing environment
- A motivated, positive, and selfless attitude
- Based in our Manhattan office just south of Madison Square Park
- Full-Time, hourly role with subsidized health benefits
- Reports directly to the Customer Service Manager
- Universal paid parental leave
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- A work environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people