4 Point Consulting is helping Hu Products expand its team with a Current Accounts and Business Development Associate.
At Hu Products (aka Hu Kitchen), when we see something we want to change, we make it happen. From our restaurant in Manhattan to our growing chocolate & coffee lines (and all things in between), we wanted to create places and products where we are comfortable with every ingredient on the list. Our goal, of course, isn’t just to get by but to thrive, and as our business and community grow and thrive, and as our business and community grow and thrive, we are looking for a Current Accounts and Business Development Associate that is just as passionate as we are about living actively, aging gracefully, and flourishing in all aspects of life.
This role would be located in our Union Square office.
The Current Accounts and Business Development Associate is going to be the second of its kind to our growing team. This person’s role will span client account management, new customer acquisition, customer problem solving, a little accounting, a smidge of marketing efforts, and a dab of event planning and coordination. This role will work closely with all team members and management, but especially the Chief Commercial Officer, Manager of Current Accounts and Manager of New Direct Accounts.
The Ideal Candidate:
Have you seen our website? Ok, then you can tell we are passionate about what we do, and we aren’t afraid to be leaders in our community. In fact, that is just what we are looking for in our ideal candidate. Someone who shares a passion for our mission and vision while also being someone who can “check the boxes” below in our requirements. Someone who has a growth mindset and can roll up their sleeves while developing personally and professionally with our team. Oh, and someone who can laugh when necessary. We work hard but also have some fun!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of current client accounts, including relationship management, client orders, and issue resolution with a customer service mindset. This includes customers like Whole Foods.
- Proactively managing current accounts for other potential opportunities to work with them, as well as identifying any that are at risk.
- Outreach to new potential accounts that have shown interest following trade shows or via organic outreach.
- Providing sampling and promotion event support – including organizing and sending samples to new customers, setting up or helping with product demonstrations in stores, and other ad hoc needs.
- Providing weekly insights for management in the form of reports on current accounts.
- Issuing invoices to customers, including tactful follow up and reminders, and chasing down any outstanding issues with help from management.
- Attending 2+ trade shows per year and assisting with the logistics of the show in any way assigned by management.
- Other special projects as assigned, which could include marketing tasks or other opportunities as our company grows.
- 2-4 years professional experience in related field. Strong preference for experience in field sales such as brand ambassador.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong math skills for calculating discounts, promotions and pricing.
- Great energy and strong interpersonal skills and phone/email etiquette
- Bachelor’s degree in a major of or similar to: business, marketing, psychology, communications, economics, environmental science or food sciences.
- Strong interest and/or track record in sales, marketing, and/or business development roles like account management.
- Someone with a project manager mindset with the ability to see things to the finish line, including prioritizing tasks, logistics, and deliverables.
- Comfortable with MS Excel and CRM software (Zoho CRM a huge plus).
- Someone who is flexible, able to grow and change, and agile in working across an organization and its functions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in their personal, collegiate, or professional life.
- Strong, proven interest in health & wellness, organics & food policy, or fields related to our business will be considered in lieu of college major.