We are hiring for two Culinary Operations Manager – one in Los Angeles and New York. The Manager will be responsible for helping to manage the daily production at our kitchen facilities and ensuring that every Sakara meal or product is the absolute best quality possible. We are looking for someone who is thoughtful and passionate about food, has the ability to manage people and processes in food production, and has a basic understanding of nutrition and clean eating. The position will be based in our kitchens in Brooklyn and Los Angeles and will work under our Culinary Director and Director of Production to support them in the daily operations and larger on-going projects as needed. We are quickly growing company, and the Associate position includes high potential to develop into a role with greater responsibility.
- Oversee daily kitchen operations and quality control as part of the production team – ensure Sakara is delivering the best possible products for each and every client, meal production, including but not limited to:
- Verify that all ingredients received adhere to Sakara Life quality standards
- Supervise and train staff
- Maintain a clean and beautiful kitchen space, and using proper food handling and sanitation guidelines
- Effectively manage all systems (ie. training, scheduling, ordering, inventory, allergy observance, maintenance of database) while, at the same time, constantly trying to think of ways to improve current systems
- Manage daily production by driving recipe execution and checking taste and plating for proper execution and presentation
- Help execute recipes, new menu items, allergy meals, or any other daily production support as needed
- Maintain and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement in all that we do!
What we are looking for:
- Passion for Sakara!
- 1-2 years in high volume and high pressure food service production with previous supervisory responsibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Contagiously positive, friendly, “can-do” attitude, and diligent work ethic
- Knowledge of unique, high-function, natural ingredients and supplements is a bonus