About the role: You are responsible for bringing Dig Inn’s personality to life through words, narrating all things culinary, people, and beyond. Our mission is to bring people together through food – be it working with farmers to identify the best growing methods, concocting new dishes each season, or highlighting our cooks who are developing their culinary voice in our restaurants. We need you to help tell our story and give our guests a seat at the table.
About the team: As the storytellers of all we do, they showcase the great aspects of our brand and mission to the community across all consumer touch points. You will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and integrate with the team through digital outlets, partnerships, events, and press. The marketing team is the voice of our organization and is continuously evolving with our fa(r)m.
- Own Dig Inn’s brand voice and tone across all consumer-facing collateral, including email, social media, our website and mobile app, online / offline advertisements, in-store collateral, and others
- Ensure that our storytelling is consistent across consumer touch points, but nuanced to reach relevant audiences
- Strategize with partners within the marketing team to develop and execute a content calendar and deployment strategy, factoring in relevant deadlines as related to the business
- Support operations and tech teams to partner on projects where consumer-facing copy (e.g., menus, website interface) is needed
- A love to write and create, and a “way with words” that fits Dig Inn’s personality and brand voice and connects with our core consumers
- 2-3 years of experience in copywriting with a consumer-facing brand
- Experience writing copy across a breadth of media for a single brand (We would like to see an example of how you’ve showcased this alongside your resume.)
- The ability to think with the “left” brain as well as the “right” – e.g., able to factor in data and business needs into how copy is crafted
- An innate openness to feedback and willingness to be flexible as we evolve our strategy in a time of growth (this is a must)
- A passion for food and Dig Inn’s mission to bring people together through food
- Photography skill-set (ability to capture moments in real time) a plus, but not required
- The ingredients to be flexible in a fast-paced culture, collaborating with your team while independently managing your day-to-day responsibilities
Assignment: For Earth Day, Dig Inn would like to put together a campaign across digital media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, and email) as well as in-stores to talk about the environmental benefits of a vegetable driven lifestyle. Please create and share the content you would put forth for each of these channels, as well as your rationale for each.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook + Company phone (or phone reimbursement)
- Equinox gym membership plan
- On-site yoga classes and open access studio for support team
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
- The ‘Annual Retreat’—think adult summer camp