Splendid Spoon is entering a period of unprecedented growth. We know there are food product improvements and innovations lying in wait, as well as greater efficiencies to be had in our co packing relationships. We’re looking for someone to help us identify, improve and build these areas of the business. You’ll come on board and put rigor into our food development process, quality assurance systems, and vendor relationships as well as lead the food product development lifecycle to maximize customer LTV and margin.
Since food is core to Splendid Spoon, we’re looking for someone who is experienced, creative and strategic. We aim to create food that is delicious, wholesome, and consistent. As a member of our operations team you will streamline and continuously optimize process around food product development to ensure safety and consistency. This is a unique chance to improve and innovate the central products of a high-growth company, and partner with the executive team on strategic initiatives that will have a huge impact on the brand and its customers.
- 4+ years experience in large scale food production
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to stringent food safety standards
- Proven track record developing clean (i.e. short ingredient list) and delicious food that meets specific diet requirements (especially. gluten-free, vegan) at scale (1,000 lb batches or more)
- Ability to calculate ingredient, recipe, and labor costing (COGs)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
We are a high growth business and require smart decision makers who use creative thinking and data-based analysis to solve problems quickly.
- Evaluate and optimize our copacker scorecard system, establish KPIs for all vendors to ensure Splendid Spoon’s quality standards are met
- Partner with copackers to ensure meticulous QC record keeping in accordance with SQFII or other similar food safety auditor. This includes records of shelf study studies, HPP validation studies, batch records, etc. on site whenever necessary.
- Collaborate with Operations Director to improve and execute Splendid Spoon’s R&D process for SKU’s already in the pipeline
- Develop and lead RFP process to identify new food science talent
- Collaborate with the Splendid customer experience and marketing teams to sort and prioritize customer data and create product ‘profiles’ for new SKUs.
- Create product development strategy (nutrition and taste profile milestones, manufacturing needs, budget, COG analysis and timeline) to bring new SKUs to market
- Collaborate with VP of Operations to evaluate evaluate and onboard new copackers.
Give us examples of how you’ve done this work before and why you love it!
Why You Should Work With Us
Splendid Spoon delivers small changes that make a big impact on your health. You’ll get to share space with a tight-knit crew, passionate about eating well and feeling good. In addition to a competitive salary and subsidized health benefits, you’ll have all the soup and smoothies you can eat, team yoga and meditation classes, and lots of time with our office bulldog, Percy.