Assistant Director Baking Research and Development of Specialty Products (Manufacturing)
Develop new recipes for commercial baking scaling to go to market. Some Baking Food Science Required.
- Partner with R&D through the commercialization process to better execute new product development.
- Coordinate efforts with Production and Maintenance.
- Observe and analyze manufacturing processes, setups, and equipment functionality to identify issues or product improvement opportunities.
- Serve as liaison with Production, Maintenance and R&D functions to make recommendations for resolution and modifications in incremental continuous quality improvement on product and process.
- Assure that all necessary quality checks are conducted for commercialization within Quality and GMP guidelines, monitor scheduled versus actual production rate.
- Meet with other team department representatives to ensure efficiency and commercialization plan.
- Complete all necessary reports and paperwork. Maintain clean, safe and efficient work areas at all times and follow GMP’s.
- Oversee tasks as designated for implementation and maintenance of the SQF Food Safety systems.
- Being a proven solution generator and not satisfied with status quo.
- Commercialized Baking Research and Development, Thorough knowledge of processes and equipment utilized in high volume commercial baking.
- Good organizational and communication skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and maintain positive employee relations. Ability to adapt quickly to changing instructions and situations.
- Knowledge of cookies, sweet rolls, buns and other confection products.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent attendance with a strong record of reliability for achieving goals.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and converse) in order to receive written and verbal job and safety instructions, comprehend hazardous material labeling, follow production schedule, and prepare graphs, weights and other production reports as required.
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.