Sugarbreak is looking for an ambitious and experienced Co-founder to bring to market a disruptive product in the dietary supplement category. The product line will be
geared toward the reduction of sugar. We are seeking a Co-Founder who can lead the
company through launch and generate market traction within the first six months
to a year of operations. This person should be a multi-faceted and dynamic entrepreneur whom has either previously been a successful entrepreneur or held a significant Mid to Sr. level position in a fast moving, high growth company which has
disrupted a category.
This individual will be responsible for defining and executing a global go to market
strategy for the brand and driving this strategy to achieving financial and
corporate goals. The areas of responsibility are all encompassing from Sales
& Marketing, Operations, Vendor Management, D to C strategy, Brand
Partnerships & Collaborations, Product Development and Events. This is a brand
launch and will be managed with a boot strap mindset and the candidate needs to
be comfortable working within a lean corporate, start-up structure. This
Co-Founder will work closely with the Board of Advisors to establish and evolve
the brand vision, set the overall strategy to scale; including long-term
goals and financing capabilities. Most importantly, this is a dig in, roll up
the sleeves and get it done type of role.
- Implement strategic sales & financial plans to generate short
term revenue in line with corporate goals.
- Oversee sales goals, tactics and results as well as any in house
sales efforts (tbd)
- Develop favorable relationships with key retailer contacts for placement
and partnership programs which drive growth. Drive business with these
customers & develop a deep understanding of retailer dynamics to identify
how to grow business and white space opportunities in the ever-changing retail
- Provide recommendations on product/category/merchandising
opportunities, competitive landscape, consumer demographics and localization
opportunities to enforce points of difference.
- Develop the annual fiscal budget and monitor it in conjunction
- Responsible for achieving monthly sales budgets and profit
- Conduct and/or oversee all necessary economic assessment,
financial valuation and other supporting analyses for specific opportunities.
- Owns overall P&L, maximizes ROI and ensures that spending is
effective and within budget.
- Set and ensure adherence to
key performance indicators (KPIs), i.e. COGS, commercialization, demand and
capacity planning, logistics, on-time-in-full, and customer experience
- Track record of driving revenue and EBITDA
growth, margin expansion, and profitability.
- Oversee promotional post-analysis by promotion/account for
success rate, sell-in/sell-through and key learnings.
- Initially lead all facets
of operations including procurement, supply chain, fulfillment, inbound,
outbound, and last mile logistics
- First and foremost, to be a strong brand ambassador and
representative of the brand and its core values and ethos.
- Conducts frequent field contact with agencies from P.R. to
Digital Marketing to review schedules, sales, reports, and plan of
- Attend industry events as a brand representative.
- Represent company at trade shows to develop network and to
- Plan and Manage optimal sales forecasts and inventory objectives
and determine channel level allocations.
- Ability to with Advisory board to build out an executive team as
the company grows.
Skills & Experience
- A passionate, savvy entrepreneur with the ability to figure
things out and quickly act toward a positive outcome.
- Manage and effectively delegate the many moving parts of an
- 7+ years experience at a start-up or a fast growing CPG, Food /
Beverage or Supplement brand where consistently delivered strong results.
- Ability to penetrate accounts within an organization.
- Ideally strong D to C experience and digital marketing expertise
to define the right KPI’s
- Ability to maximize social media and influencer marketing to
reinforce brand position and achieve sales growth
- Understands the opportunities and the pitfalls of an omni-channel
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong relationship building and ability to negotiate skillfully
with external groups.
- An understanding of current health & wellness industry and retailing