Gotham Greens is seeking an experienced and passionate Chief of Staff to help our leadership team focus and execute on the strategic priorities of the company. As a consultant and implementer, the Chief of Staff will be a versatile member of our team moving between leading complex multidisciplinary projects and directly contributing to day-to-day business needs. This position will be the program manager for key initiatives driving strategic vision, enhanced execution and robust decision making. In addition, the Chief of Staff will provide insightful data driven recommendations to leadership enabling them to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will help build a healthy organization, set the right strategy and process, create a framework for efficient and accountable decision making, and drive critical cross-functional efforts.
The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally across the entire organization to understand all aspects of Gotham Greens. They will leverage their analytical mindset and knowledge of operational insights to develop, implement, and advise on strategic initiatives for the CEO and organization. This position will report to the CEO and will have the opportunity to define their role and the impact. The Chief of Staff will help determine where the business is going and how it will get there.
The ideal candidate is passionate about innovative, sustainable development and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission of contributing to a better food system. This is an opportunity for a driven individual to contribute to the long-term success at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive food manufacturing company for the 21st century food system. The position is based in New York with opportunities to transfer to other company locations in the future. Travel required.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Drive priorities of leadership team.
- Provide strategic guidance and decision support to CEO and senior leadership through research, analysis of information and clear presentation of considerations.
- Develop key cross functional processes from initial analysis and identification to communication, training and implementation
- Support strong organizational development by collaborating with leadership and HR to review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure; identify and address knowledge and skills gaps; design optimal workflows; and align internal processes
- Lead strategic initiatives to execute the company vision and priorities more effectively and efficiently
- Utilize a broad skill set and a cross functional perspective to work thoroughly on ad-hoc projects; fill gaps for special projects across the company.
- Support Business Operations and provide high level administrative support, as needed
- Support CEO on internal and external communication; research and presentations; government and policy relations; new market and product explorations, and more.
- Support and build cross-functional relationships with key partners across the organization, helping to motivate teams and individuals to achieve goals by keeping a pulse and feedback loop on the company.
- Minimum 5-10 years business strategy or management consulting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, operations, policy or relevant field required with strong academic performance
- Master’s degree in business administration or relevant field preferred
- Experience in a top tier management consulting firm or similar environment
- Proven track record of partnering effectively with cross functional teams or projects
- Exceptional communication, presentation and influencing skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working effectively with high level leadership and multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capability; ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent program/project management, organization and leadership skills
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
The ideal candidate:
- Hyper organized but also flexible; outstanding execution and problem solving
- Innovative, resourceful and efficient with resources
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and relationship building
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision- sustainability and creation of a better food system
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is a global pioneer in urban greenhouse agriculture and a leading consumer brand of premium-quality local produce and fresh food products. Gotham Greens’ produce is grown using ecologically sustainable methods in technologically-sophisticated, climate controlled, urban greenhouses. Gotham Greens provides its diverse retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers with a local, reliable, year-round supply of salad greens, herbs and fresh food products grown under the highest standards of food safety and environmental sustainability. The company owns and operates over 170,000 square feet of greenhouse across four facilities in New York and Chicago and currently has 500,000 square feet of greenhouse under development in five US states. Gotham Greens was founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, New York.
We are farmers that live in apartments. Our team is hard working, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban
agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative.
Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.