As Buyer Engagement Specialist, you will be responsible for helping to maximize the market for opportunistically purchased food and CPG products. Your core focus will be driving broad adoption and advocacy of Spoiler Alert as the standard purchasing platform by a diverse and engaged network of Buyers across retail, wholesale, non-profit and institutional purchasing organizations.
You will be responsible for driving Buyer engagement initiatives, reporting into our Director of Buyer Engagement. This role requires flexing multiple skill sets across relationship management, business development, market research, data analysis, and solution ideation. You will be a key member of the Customer team, working collaboratively with Supplier-focused team members to drive holistic success of our engagements and grow our buyer network. You will also work cross-functionally with the Product, Sales & Marketing teams to enhance our value proposition, lead generation, and marketability.
We are firm believers that enhancing buyers’ experience can improve results for suppliers, buyers, and Spoiler Alert. This is a critical role in our company’s strategy, success, and mission. We’re looking for someone who can think big picture, challenge the status quo, and then execute quickly. The ideal candidate will possess a sense of urgency and an aptitude for navigating in a fast-paced environment.
Buyer engagement and value creation
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with merchandising leadership and Buyers
- Develop and maintain Buyer-facing analytics in partnership with Supplier and Product teams
- Capture and advocate for voice of the buyer internally to improve our offerings
- Develop and deliver Buyer-facing education, training, and communication
- Manage and report on Buyer KPIs and performance analytics
- Deliver supplier portfolio analysis, Buyer introductions and relationship recommendations in partnership with the Supplier team
Market and business development
- Identify and activate new organizations for buyer network
- Conduct market research on new market segments for opportunistic purchasing
- Enhance buyer database and tools to analyze and engage buyer network
- Develop buyer testimonials and case studies
- Collaborate on marketing content and provide sales support to showcases our expertise
- Maintain supplier referral program to support lead generation delivered to our sales team
You will be goaled on operational KPIs, such as buyer engagement, referenceability, network size and quality, and supplier referrals, as well as the ability to drive initiatives that enhance our buyer network and buyer engagement.
- 2-5 years experience in an analyst, customer success, supply chain or business development role
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional results in past projects, from initiation to implementation
- Demonstrated confidence with leading interactions with external stakeholders
- Experience and comfort rapidly working with large data sets, conducting analysis, extracting and presenting business insights
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn, adapt, and experiment and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency with G Suite, familiarity with business productivity applications (Zoom, Slack, CRM), and a high level of comfort in getting up to speed with new technology
- Passion towards company’s mission and interest in sustainability, waste reduction and innovative technology and analytic solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant work experience in any of the following functions within food manufacturing, grocery retail or CPG industries: merchandising, purchasing, sales, supply chain
- Familiarity with enterprise software solutions in any of the following areas: ERP, Business Intelligence, supply chain management, or trade promotion management
- Familiarity with market research data collection methods (polls, surveys, focus groups, etc)
About Spoiler Alert
Spoiler Alert is a Boston-based software company helping perishable CPG brands manage excess and slow-moving inventory. Working exclusively at the manufacturing plant or distribution center level, Spoiler Alert offers a best-in-class B2B sales platform that enables food & beverage brands to manage their liquidation processes across a private network of discount retailers and nonprofit channels – with a heavy focus on maximizing value recovery, strengthening customer relationships, and increasing the effectiveness of supply chain managers tasked with handling these typically manual sales processes. Founded by alumni of MIT, Spoiler Alert works with some of the world’s largest brands, including Campbell’s, Danone, HelloFresh, KeHE Distributors, and Kraft Heinz, along with a growing network of discount channels committed to increasing affordable food access.
While we care deeply about our customers’ financial and operational improvements, our team’s hearts and minds are motivated by the impact our work has in addressing some of the largest environmental and social opportunities of our generation – at the intersection of food waste, resource deficiency, climate change, affordable nutrition, and hunger. We couldn’t be more excited to be combining critical technology breakthroughs – including workflow automation, augmented intelligence, wholesale ecommerce, traceability, and supply chain management – to an industry that is so critical for daily life.
Born out of MIT in 2015, Spoiler Alert is headquartered in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood and is backed by some of the nation’s leading food, agriculture, and supply chain investors. For more about Spoiler Alert, visit spoileralert.com or our social channels: Twitter & LinkedIn.
Spoiler Alert is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We offer a remote-first work environment, with the flexibility to work remotely or in-person from our Boston headquarters. Employee benefits include the following:
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Subsidized health and dental insurance plans
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Pre-tax 401(k) and post-tax Roth 401(k) options
- 12 weeks of paid universal parental leave
- 15 company holidays, including an EOY rest week
- 15 vacation days and 5 sick days per year
- Flex Fridays (no meetings after 2PM)
- Life insurance and paid family and medical leave
- Paid volunteer outings and civic engagement leave
- Learning & career development stipends
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Remote first work environment
We are a diverse team committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap or veteran status, or marital status.