Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed agtech startup solving food waste (Forbes’ Top 25 Innovative Agtech Startups). We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste.
Full Harvest has been recognized in major publications including ‘Forbes 25 Most Innovative Ag-Tech Startups’, Tech Crunch and featured on Bloomberg TV Canada. This year we received the United Fresh Award for Innovation and our CEO, Christine Moseley was named ‘#2 Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink’ by Food & Wine Magazine. Our advisor list includes, Ann Venemen, Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and Executive Director of UNICEF.
You will focus on our B2B outside sales (primarily food & beverage companies), you’ll play a critical role in growing the company. You’ll source and close accounts with new buyers (mostly food & bev manufacturers). You will attend various conferences and events as well as leverage any potential networks to significantly build the business. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop and shape systems and strategies as you design Full Harvest’s sales processes with food & beverage customers. This position may be remote with 4-5 days a month required in the San Francisco office.
- Serve as an outside sales executive to fill pipeline and close new buy-side B2B food & beverage companies, working closely with the Head of Business Development and CEO
- Identify & source potential buyer accounts
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with buyers
- Reach out to potential new accounts via phone, email, and in-person meetings to fact find and generate new leads (travel 30%)
- Gather buyer data and research market to determine appropriate pricing for different items
- Decide final buyer pricing and negotiate contract and agreements. Close buyers on sales and onboard them to the marketplace via demo.
- Support new buyer operational roll-out, working closely with the Logistics and Supply team
- Interface with operations to communicate customer needs and secure fulfillment on the grower side of the business to enhance the achievement of overall sales efforts
Skills & Experience
- Passion for Full Harvest’s mission
- Persistent go-getter with 5-10 years of experience in B2B Sales or Business Development (in food, ingredient sales or produce, a big plus)
- BA, Business or similar (MBA a plus but not required)
- Experienced project manager who can juggle a lot of moving parts with strong executional / operational roll-out skills
- Ability to prequalify accounts and consistently fill the pipeline to meet sales goals
- Proactive / Takes initiative; ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Strong organizational skills (keeping CRM up-to-date) and follow-through, detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface across departments for flawless execution
- Existing network and/or understanding of food manufacturing or produce industry a plus, but not required
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
Looking for more info about us? Take a look at this TechCrunch article: