Full Harvest, a VC-backed, high-growth food tech startup based in downtown San Francisco, seeks an experienced relationship builder and go-getter to increase sales of imperfect and surplus produce on our B2B platform.
At Full Harvest, we are disrupting the agriculture space by solving farm food waste and bringing technology to a market where there was none. We are the first B2B platform connecting farms with food businesses to sell discounted, yet perfectly good surplus and imperfectly shaped produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. A huge environmental problem as approximately 20 billion pounds of produce go to waste in the U.S. annually simply because they are not perfectly shaped for strict retailer standards.
Looking for more info about us? Take a look at this article in TechCrunch.
As Business Development Associate, you’ll play a critical role in growing the company. You’ll have the opportunity to develop and shape systems and strategies as you design Full Harvest’s sales processes with food & beverage customers. You’ll work with buyers (food manufacturers) to close new accounts. You will attend various conferences and events as well as leverage your networks in the food and ag space to significantly build the business.
Our office is in downtown San Francisco. Some travel is required.
- Serve as an outside sales/ business development person to fill pipeline of new buyside food & beverage customers, working closely with the CEO and Director of Sales
- Identify potential buyer accounts, leveraging your network
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with buyers
- Reach out to potential new accounts via phone, email, and in-person meetings to fact find and generate new leads
- Negotiate contracts and close the sales
- Serve as liaison between buyers and manage communication to finalize sales
- Support new buyer operational roll-out
- Research market to determine appropriate pricing for different items
- Passion for Full Harvest’s mission
- Persistent go-getter with 5+ years of experience in sales, preferably working with large food CPG and/or agricultural companies
- BA, preferably in business
- Strong network with healthy food manufacturers
- Experienced project manager who can juggle a lot of moving parts with strong executional / operational roll-out skills
- Proactive / Takes initiative; ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of food manufacturing and/or produce industry
Competitive compensation and equity package, based on fit / experience. If this sounds like you, send your resume to email@example.com and let’s change the world!