4 Point Consulting is partnering with Hu Products to recruit and select a full-time Business Development, Distributor Sales Manager. This is a great opportunity to make an impact at a fast-growing startup!
At Hu Products (aka Hu Kitchen), when we see something we want to change, we make it happen. From our restaurant in Manhattan to our growing chocolate & coffee lines (and all things in between), we wanted to create places and products where we are comfortable with every ingredient on the list. Our goal, of course, isn’t just to get by but to thrive, and as our business and community grow and thrive, we are looking for a Business Development, Distributor Sales Manager that is just as passionate as we are about living actively, aging gracefully, and flourishing in all aspects of life.
This role will be the first of its kind to Hu Products’ growing team, located in Union Square.
As the Business Development, Distributor Sales Manager, you will work directly with all team members and management, but particularly with the Director of Sales, Manager of Current Accounts, and Manager of New Direct Accounts.
The primary focus of this role will include working with current distributor accounts to make sure the account is healthy, new distributors to open new accounts by reaching out to distributor account lists, providing samples to new customers and implementing field marketing programs as necessary. This role will also work on some budget management/accounting, marketing, event planning and coordination. You will also work closely with our supply chain/operations team so an understanding of logistics/warehousing/manufacturing can be a great asset for this position.
The Ideal Candidate:
If you have taken a look at our website, you know that we are passionate about what we do, and are not afraid to be leaders in our community. Therefore, the ideal candidate will “check the boxes” of our requirements, but more importantly, they will share the passion for our mission and vision.
If you have a growth mindset, a hunter mentality, can roll up your sleeves while developing personally and professionally with our team, and if you can laugh when necessary, we want to talk to you! This role requires someone who is comfortable interfacing with multiple parties, is geared towards action and enjoys working with a team to execute monthly goals. Phone skills and an openness to travel are also critical.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prospecting and proactive outreach to potential accounts, specifically in the Distributor category. This could include cold-calling, building relationships, presentations in-person or online as well as proposal creation and contract negotiation.
- Experience managing a territory and selling in a high-growth environment within the food & beverage or related industries
- Someone who can execute programs with distribution partners, regional partners and possibly retailers as well.
- Providing weekly insight reports for management in the form of reports on prospects.
- Experience supporting accounts with exceptional sales, service and follow up – we want to partner and support our customers – not just sell them
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, get things done environment without lots of systems support
- Supporting the team in managing current client accounts, including relationship management, client orders, and issue resolution with a customer service mindset.
- Ongoing communication and coordination with our supply chain/operations team
- Issuing invoices to customers, including tactful follow up and reminders, and chasing down any outstanding issues with help from management.
- Attending 2+ trade shows per year and assisting with the logistics of the show in any way assigned by management.
- Comfort traveling to visit distributor partners and spending a week or two in new markets to help get sales up and running.
- Other special projects as assigned, which could include marketing tasks or other opportunities as our company grows.
- 5-7 years professional experience in related field. Strong preference for experience working directly with distributors.
- Some travel may be required (25-30% annually)
- Strong math skills for calculating discounts, promotions and pricing.
- Strong interest and/or track record in sales, marketing, and/or business development roles like account management.
- Basic understanding of supply chain/operations and/or experience with logistics, warehousing or manufacturing.
- Project manager mindset with the ability to see things to the finish line, including prioritizing tasks, logistics, and deliverables.
- Comfortable with MS Excel and Google Docs
- Experience with CRM software (Zoho CRM a huge plus).