Launch the businesses that will disrupt factory farming
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. The Business Analyst will support the founding and growth of companies developing plant-based and clean meat, eggs, and dairy; making the healthy, humane, and sustainable choice the default.
How You Will Make a Difference
The Business Analyst will foster strategic innovation by:
- Conducting feasibility studies on GFI’s list of white space company ideas: commercialization opportunities within the plant-based and clean meat, egg, and dairy industries.
- Working with the Innovation Coordinator to recruit entrepreneurial founding teams for the most promising company ideas.
- Supporting newly founded teams in developing their business strategies and acting as a liaison to connect teams with GFI’s staff, advisors, and entrepreneurial support network.
- Working with GFI’s other Business Analyst and Director of Innovation to develop entrepreneurial support resources and prepare memorandums and white papers on all aspects of the plant-based and clean meat, egg, and dairy industries.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone. GFI staff enjoy high levels of autonomy and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
The Business Analyst must also have:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional research and writing skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A B.A. or the equivalent in finance, entrepreneurship, or business.
An MBA, a degree or coursework in STEM, and experience as an entrepreneur are preferred but not required.
Enjoy working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute! Apply on our website now!
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the Good Food Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran. GFI complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.