Hungryroot is an online grocery service that delivers modern, healthy food with recipe and meal planning support. Hungryroot’s mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook, and love healthy food. In addition to offering a curated selection of modern brands, Hungryroot develops its own in-house line of innovative healthy products—like Black Bean Brownie Batter—and is challenging the traditional CPG model by building a customer-driven innovation platform to push outdated American grocery offerings into the 21st century.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for a highly motivated problem solver who loves telling stories with data. As our first Business Analyst, you’ll own all of the ways that we measure our success, and how we identify new opportunities. You’ll work closely with the Product team to uncover potential wins, help design experiments for how best to test them, and help tell stories around how things perform. We’ll look to this role to evangelize the value of using quantitative data in decision making and to democratize access to data for all team members so that they can realize its power firsthand, too.
What kinds of problems would you dig into? Some recent analyses that our Product team have done include:
- How many breakfast options do we need to merchandise each week in order to cover our customers’ various dietary restrictions, with as much variety as they expect from us?
- What are the best predictors of a customer rating a recipe highly?
- How big is the opportunity around driving more subscription reactivations and how should we invest in it accordingly?
- How should we balance a short term hit to customer spend against longterm retention?
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define key metrics and understand what moves them
- Uncover opportunities and problems to drive product prioritization
- Derive data insights to drive day-to-day decisions
- Build analytical models to predict outcomes (in Excel or tool of choice)
- Design and analyze experiments using statistics methods
- Create dashboards and reports that provide ongoing insight to business stakeholders
- Enable others to self-serve with easy access to data (largely via Looker)
- Serve occasional ad hoc data requests from stakeholders
- 2+ years in an analyst, strategy, consulting, finance, or related role
- Strong SQL querying skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Effective data communication, including visualization of data
- A love of learning and the ability to keep up with a frequently changing environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
Bonus points for experience with:
- Looker and LookML
- Google Analytics
- Regression analysis
- Based in our Manhattan office just south of Madison Square Park
- Reports to our VP Product
- Competitive compensation + subsidized health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people