The Future Market is seeking brand ambassadors for a concept grocery store installation during the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York City from June 30 – July 2, 2018 at the Javits Center. The Brand Ambassador must learn the product stories for 32 products plus talking points on our vision of the future of food/retail.
Main tasks are interfacing with conference attendees, walking attendees through our digital shopping experience, and answering questions. Must have great interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
Passion for the future of food, creative spirit, and sense of humor are a must! No food sampling / serving required. More info on the Future Market pop-up experience can be found at thefuturemarket.com
- The main tasks are interacting with conference attendees, walking attendees through our digital shopping experience, and answering questions about our concept products.
- Brand Ambassadors must learn the product stories for 32 concept products plus talking points on our vision of the future of food/retail. No food sampling / serving required.
- We’ll send you literature to study up prior to the show and will have a quick tutorial of the digital shopping experience on site.
Skills & Experience
- Passion for innovation and the future of food
- Working knowledge of the food industry and food tech
- Ability to think creatively with an open-mind about what could exist in the future
- Comfortable speaking with conference attendees for extended periods of time
- Able to be standing on your feet for up to 7-8 hours at a time
- Ability to learn quickly and become conversational in complex food innovation topics
- Sense of humor and wonder are a must.
Please include any past experience in similar brand ambassador roles for food or non-food. NYC Area based candidates are strongly preferred, as we are not able to compensate for travel expenses.
Compensation is $30/hr, which includes 2 hrs for product study time prior to the show. You will need to be present at our exhibit in the show during the following dates/times: June 30 (9a – 5p), July 1 (10a – 5p), and July 2 (10a – 4p). Ambassadors will get a 30 min paid lunch break + 10 min paid break each day.
Why You Should Work With Us
The Future Market is a one of a kind concept grocery store that illustrates the world of food in the year 2042. At the heart of the experience are 32 concept products, a digital shopping interface, and vignettes on the future of grocery and foodservice. We are a place where ambitious ideas and dreams can come to life in food.