ProteoSense is commercializing breakthrough solid-state biosensor technology for the biomedical, environmental and food markets with initial entry into the food safety market planned for 2018. ProteoSense’s rapid pathogen detection system, RAPIDSCAN™, is a disruptive bio-detection sensor for multiple time-critical and remote applications. We are validating novel technologies and are developing our first beta product. We have an immediate need to fill a full-time paid position for a mid-level scientist. We are looking for a scientifically driven candidate who will take ownership of their work and has excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate should be desirous of work with a fast-paced outcome-driven interdisciplinary team.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Ph.D. in Cellular or Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology, Virology or similar with 1-3 years of post-graduate work.
- Extensive experience in two or more of a variety of standard molecular and microbiological techniques including, but not limited to, molecular cloning, sequencing, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, plasmid design, preparation and purification, and growth, transformation, and recombination of bacteria and/or bacteriophage.
- A strong background in bacteriophage recombineering, genetic engineering, or molecular cloning is desired.
- Demonstrated experience conducting and leading laboratory research to include the planning and design of molecular experiments.
- Must be able to maintain a detailed lab notebook to include data organization, processing, and analysis.
- Attention to detail and ability to work safely in a lab environment handling human pathogens is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and prepared to learn and adopt new techniques as needed.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team.
· Design and conduct various molecular cloning and microbiological experiments.
· Implement published protocols and troubleshoot experiments independently.
· Develop and carry out immunological and genetic engineering studies.
· Collect, process, and analyze data.
· Participate in laboratory management, maintenance and project demonstrations.
· Prepare project status updates and formal reports when appropriate.
· Perform literature searches and present innovative ideas to improve upon existing technologies.
· Lead one or more project(s) based on aptitude.
65% Laboratory research and literature investigations
15% Data analysis
10% Technical writing
5% Lab management and organization
5% Assist in range of activities and customer engagements to support growth of the business
Pay and length of appointment negotiable based on experience with the opportunity to renew based on performance. Position is open immediately. Candidates eligible to start by early August desired.
Rev1 Venture development facility at 1275 Kinnear Road, Columbus OH, 43212.
Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org “Application for Technical Team Opening” in the subject line, interviews will take place on a rolling basis.