Liberty, NY – The Cornell Cooperative Extension Sullivan County’s Beginning Farmer Program Manager is responsible for the programmatic and administrative direction, management, and coordination of Agriculture programs that support local agricultural economic development. In Sullivan County, this includes agriculture product, farm and food safety, new and beginning farmer initiatives, and farm business and marketing management programs. Programmatic efforts will include assistance with program development, delivery and evaluation. This individual represents Cornell Cooperative Extension’s programs to the public, community leaders, government officials and Cornell University as part of program delivery.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in agricultural production, agronomy, animal sciences, ag business or related field and relevant experience.
- Experience in agricultural production, ag business, or animal sciences education and outreach
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Basic skills in the use of modern electronic technology and software (e.g., video, audio, computers, Microsoft Office Programs, social media, internet and database software, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, and visual channels and educational tools.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Ability to teach informal educational programs.
- Ability to effectively participate in professional team efforts.
- Ability to plan and organize individual work responsibilities according to priorities developed with other team members and the immediate supervisor.
- Ability to utilize program resources within the community.
- Knowledge of diverse audiences (including at-risk audiences) and local communities.
- Commitment to working in limited income urban settings with diverse program participants in their homes and surrounding communities.
- Ability to frequently carry supplies and equipment, climb stairs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read English and interpret documents such instructions, safety and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with external customers and employee
How To Apply: Applicants (including current employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations) must apply online through the APPLY button in this job posting. Current employees of Cornell Cooperative Extension Sullivan County are considered internal applicants and must apply online through their Workday account which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/. For details on how to apply, visit: https://cals.cornell.edu/cornell-cooperative-extension/join-us/jobs/apply
All applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume and indicate three individuals who may be contacted as a reference. Please consider indicating in your application all information you feel would be helpful for selection committee members to know. Once the application is submitted you will NOT be able to change your submission or add attachments. Be sure that you have followed all directions and requirements listed in the job posting.
All applications must be received on-line by December 8, 2022. Position closing dates may change based on Association needs.
No relocation or VISA Sponsorship available.
This is a full time, benefits eligible, exempt position. Compensation paid at the rate of $55,380 per year.