To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Team Member Application.” In the cover letter include a note about which parts of the job description are most appealing to you.
Bar Agricole, Inc. is hiring and training motivated individuals interested in careers in the food and beverage industry. We offer excellent salaries and benefits that empower our employees to build a life here in the Bay Area.
We embrace the fact that each of us is able to contribute more of ourselves when we feel we belong and are valued in our workplaces. We recognize that we can build a stronger foundation when we build upon our different lived experiences, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and all experience levels to apply.
Bar Agricole, Inc. is organized into interconnected teams with distinct areas of responsibility. Depending on a person’s interest and ability they will begin in one of two teams: Bar/Service or Culinary.
The Bar and Service team’s responsibilities include:
- Create and implement quarterly bar menus for Bar Agricole.
- Manage bar inventory including product ordering, inventory storage and executing a tracking system.
- Manage bar personnel including recruiting, interviewing and training FOH employees.
- Manage the bar space including cleanliness/sanitation, organizing storage, and equipment maintenance.
- Educate staff on sustainability, producer relationships and other bar topics.
- Adhere to bar / FOH budget (labor, drink cost) as determined in company financials.
- Initiate budget requests and draft budget proposals to the Operations Circle.
- Uphold Bar Agricole’s ethics and commitment to sustainability and producer relationships.
The Culinary team’s responsibilities include:
- Manage culinary inventory including product ordering, inventory storage, and tracking system
- Manage culinary personnel including recruiting, interviewing, training, and performance reviews of kitchen employees
- Manage culinary space including cleanliness and sanitation, organizing storage, and culinary equipment maintenance
- Execute culinary events on- and off-site as requested by the Events Team
- Educate staff on sustainability, producer relationships, nutrition, and other culinary topics
- Adhere to kitchen budget (labor, food cost) as determined in company financials
- Initiate budget requests and draft budget proposals to the Operations Circle
- Uphold Bar Agricole’s ethics and commitment to sustainability and producer relationships
We are a new company, and therefore rely upon each member of the team to further define their role, seeking out additional activities and responsibilities that will help Bar Agricole succeed. Team members assume responsibility for contributing to the success of their respective teams in their entire areas of responsibility. In collaboration with other team members, company partners and consultants, anticipated role responsibilities for members of both the Bar/Service and Culinary teams include:
- Handling product throughout its lifecycle in Bar Agricole, from incoming deliveries to outgoing shipping and in-house beverage making or culinary tasks.
- Consistent maintenance of the Bar Agricole space, i.e. dishwashing and laundry. No task is too small.
- Collaborating with team members to execute onsite and offsite events.
- Adhering to the financial goals of the team as implemented by the company.
- Creating new roles within the team as needed.
- Bar/Service only – Guiding guests along considering our current spirit offerings and delivering a true Bar Agricole experience.
We are excited about the prospect of working together!
ABOUT BAR AGRICOLE
Bar Agricole, Inc. is a beverage company committed to fostering legitimate careers in food and beverage while pursuing a transparent, wholesome supply chain that conveys single-origin spirits to a growing audience. We partner with growers who deeply respect the land and the organic ingredients that thrive in it. Stripped down to the essence of pure flavors, without hiding behind fussy presentation or chemical manipulation, we assemble impeccable raw materials and serve them with humility and grace.
Our headquarters will open in San Francisco this summer, followed by the launch of our direct-to-consumer brand. We will define the category of single-origin spirits, sourcing and bottling products from around the world under our label while honoring their producers and provenance.
Bar Agricole is sowing the seeds of a new kind of company. We bring a commitment to dignity, equity, transparency, and true partnership with our ecosystem of stakeholders—farmers, distillers, employees, investors, patrons, and community members. With over a decade of innovation in the rearview, the new Bar Agricole embraces the need for regenerative, life-affirming ways of working as we serve a Bay Area that needs nurturance and nourishment more than ever.
In service of this mission, Bar Agricole is pursuing B Corp certification and has adopted sociocracy as its governance model and decision-making structure. Built on a structure of linked working groups, sociocracy creates scaffolding and roles that support our values of transparency, effectiveness, and equity that gives every team member a voice in shaping the business.