Manage GFI’s international work to transform the food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist the Director of International Engagement in leading the International Engagement department and GFI’s operations abroad by handling the day-to-day work of our international offices. The Associate Director, International Engagement will be responsible for:
- Working with the managing directors of GFI’s operations abroad to develop and maintain strategic plans, budgets, and quarterly and annual goals.
- Managing the team’s internal reporting requirements such as the creation and submission of monthly reports, quarterly reports, and annual goals.
- Evaluating new and current international opportunities in order to ensure that all activities are focused on maximum mission impact.
- Analyzing and working to improve the effectiveness of our international operations.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Who We’re Looking For
The Associate Director, International Engagement must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Degree in international relations, business, or law strongly preferred.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and international experience and perspective.
- Supervisory experience and an ability to effectively lead teams.
- Experience building coalitions and working in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly in writing and in oral presentations to a range of audiences.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making, including setting and managing priorities and meeting competing deadlines.
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to professionally advocate for GFI’s positions.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Nicole Rawling, Director of International Engagement Location: Remote; must live in United States
- Benefits: Working from home or a co-working space (whichever you prefer), full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- Salary: $60,000-$70,000
Application Deadline: December 2, 2018
APPLY ONLINE AT https://grnh.se/ea879d272