The candidate we are looking for should have these attributes:
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- A willingness to learn new skills and to pursue additional education through reading and research on your own time although there might be certifications that CalyRoad may require and would provide or pay for.
- Ability to work as a valuable and integral part of our small team.
- Ability to be flexible and maintain a positive attitude.
- A commitment to personal and professional cleanliness.
- Competency with a computer and ability to enter data into provided spreadsheets.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and have the stamina to stand for long periods in a kitchen environment.
- Assisting head cheese maker with weekly production and affinage of cheeses, i.e. washing cheeses with salt brine, flipping cheeses in aging, etc.
- Assisting with cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, facility and smallwares.
- Packaging of orders for restaurants and online orders.
- Weekly updating of inventory spreadsheet and working directly with sales personnel to keep them up to date on inventory availability.
- Creation of cheese and charcuterie boards for events.
- Attendance to some marketing events throughout the year would be required. (Atlanta Cheese Festival, Food That Rocks, etc.)
- Schedule is 8-5pm with some overtime required. (Part time would be considered for right candidate.)
Skills & Experience
No experience necessary although a culinary background is desired
Resume and references are requested.
$10/hour, 90 day probation
Review for increase in wage after probationary period.
Why You Should Work With Us
Come learn the art of cheese making with Atlanta’s only cheese makers! We have a niche product and are set to take off! Join us and be a part of this fast growing company with an exciting future.
We are a team oriented company and believe that everyone should have the opportunity to grow personally and professionaly. Be a part of our team, help us reach our goals and we’ll help you reach yours!