Baldor Specialty Foods is the leading produce distributor in the northeast. Our company imports fruits and vegetables from all over the world and distributes these products to local markets! Baldor is a young vibrant company that’s expanding its services into new areas. Currently, our customer base expands from Boston to Washington DC and all points in between. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Assistant Buyer for our headquarters location in the Bronx.
The Assistant Buyer will assist our Buyers in the following functions:
- Generating Purchase Orders for assigned category products.
- Assisting in forecasting purchase needs and managing process for order fulfillment.
- Coordinating logistics for inbound shipments as instructed by Buyers’.
- Engaging in inventory planning with buyers.
- Managing on-hand inventory levels for assigned category.
- Assisting Accounts Payable in relation to purchase order and payment issues.
- Maintaining appropriate product quality and safety under USDA standards.
- Supporting communication with vendors to resolve any arising problems concerning product costs, quantity/quality and/or delivery times.
- Interfacing with our Sales department as directed to refine buy plans.
Qualification/requirements: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a Produce or Food service Distribution environment. High School Diploma/GED. College degree preferred but not required.
- Computer literate, proficient in Excel.
- Procurement experience with fresh produce and/or specialty grocery.
- Strong commodities knowledge, including but not limited to: vegetables, fruit, specialty produce, local, dairy, protein and other ingredient categories.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with vendors.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Market knowledge, ability to recognize trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including FREE health/dental insurance, 401(k), Profit sharing, FREE Life Insurance, Career advancement opportunities, and much more! We are an EOE.
Baldor Specialty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of Sex, Race, Religion, Age (40 and over), Handicap or National Origin. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.