At Leanpath, we’re on a mission to make food waste prevention everyday practice in the world’s kitchens. Our customers include leading foodservice and hospitality organizations—including Google, IKEA, Aramark, and Sodexo—entrusting us to provide them with cutting-edge technology and services to help them cut their food waste in half and change the kitchen culture to operate more sustainable operations. Since our founding in 2004, we have catalyzed a global food waste movement, creating a new technology category for food waste prevention, engaging thousand of front-line foodservice workers, and growing our offices to include locations in Portland, Oregon, London, Barcelona and Melbourne.
Are you excited to work on one of the most important global issues of our time? Are you passionate about fixing our broken food system and making a measurable difference in the battle against wasted food? Do you have experience working in account management and love helping customers grow and succeed?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then we encourage you to read on…
We are currently recruiting for an Account Manager to provide support and guidance to our organizations that have implemented the Leanpath program to help strengthen, expand and grow our customer relationships. This is a mid-level role within our Customer Success team focused primarily on large and small-medium independent foodservice operations and public agencies, including college and university and healthcare accounts. The ideal candidate will have experience managing client relationships and will have a passion for expanding food waste prevention programs into every operation that can benefit from it.
We are seeking someone who has experience working with operations in a capacity where you were driving sustainable behavior change. You must love data, numbers and storytelling, since so much of what we do to help customers is rooted in data.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
The Account Manager’s primary responsibility is to build strong and lasting relationships within customer organizations to ensure retention and growth. Core responsibilities include:
- Act as a business consultant providing food waste prevention / foodservice behavior change domain expertise and project management to contract foodservice customers.
- Expand customer adoption and usage of Leanpath products/services in pursuit of sustainability/financial-focused triple bottom line business outcomes.
- Lead a Customer Success Manager to provide coaching and site-level service as available; act as the Customer Success Manager when no such support is available on smaller accounts.
- Collaborate internally with Leanpath cross-functional teams to perform activities that ensure the successful achievement of our customer’s target outcomes.
- Watch for new opportunities, evangelize Leanpath services, help enable different groups of users, keep a keen eye on multiple internal deployments
- Manage all aspects of contract renewals, including contract negotiations
- Anticipate and head off problems in the customer sites before they become problems
- Ensure client goals are understood and met; provide detailed ROI and utilization analysis reports to justify investments
- Monitor changes in client strategy and leadership; continually build and strengthen relationships that are both deep and wide within the organization
- Lead the scoping, quoting, creation and presentation of statements of work for customer projects
- Participate in and oversee client communication strategies in collaboration with the marketing team
- Monitor client satisfaction, analyze client outcomes, and prepare ongoing results analyses
- Ensure clients understand their results; develop materials and presentations for clients to share their success within their own organizations
- Evaluate program success shoulder-to-shoulder with the client, with constant focus on program improvements and innovations
- Serve as the point person to their client responsible for overseeing and managing the account’s success
- Additional duties as required within a small, start-up like environment
Required Education & Experience
- BA/BS required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in account management or a related consulting/sustainability role
- Passion for food waste reduction
- Competitive instinct and a drive for excellence
- SaaS experience/knowledge (preferred)
- Driven to build exceptional relationships with clients, specifically senior level customers, through a consultative, values-driven approach
- Mission-aligned with Leanpath sustainability and food waste goals, while comfortable working in a for-profit, commercial environment
- Strong problem solver; clear and creative thinker
- Ability to identify challenges and develop/find solutions
- Own and make decisions with the best interests of the company and client in mind
- Comfort directing conversations and providing direction to onboarding team regarding highly varying technical solutions
- Experience managing and monitoring performance metrics across account portfolios
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, positive, diplomatic, professional presence
- Fully proficient with MS Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Familiar with (or able to learn) Zoom Meetings (video conference applications) and Salesforce.com as a CRM
We offer a competitive base salary dependent on experience with an account management incentive program focused on results. We pay 100% of the employee’s premium for health, dental and vision coverage (employee pays for spouse or family). We currently offer 20 days of PTO to start in addition to paid holidays. We offer a flexible work environment with a group of smart, committed, friendly and supportive colleagues.