The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager will manage digital communications, advertising and social
media channels for Farm Forward. They will also be responsible for developing a messaging strategy and content
calendar, and will create written communications, blogs, newsletters, and media pitches under the guidance of
the Director of Engagement. This position will collaborate closely with the directors of engagement and campaigns
and is responsible for translating programmatic goals into digital communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop, in collaboration with directors of engagement and campaigns, content and messaging strategy
that supports ongoing campaigns and organizational initiatives.
• Plan and draft newsletters;
• Coordinate with the director of engagement to create and manage a blog content calendar;
• Write original blog posts, with a goal of publishing two per month;
• Engage and coordinate staff to supplement with additional posts and content; and
• Plan and draft media pitches.
• Create and manage content calendar for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc);
• Gather relevant content from other staff;
• Manage content and engagement across social media communities;
• Create on brand graphics and visual storytelling assets for social media, communications, and partnership
• Track social media analytics, set annual growth metrics, and use data to inform social media strategy and
• Collaborate with director of engagement to manage digital and social media advertising;
• Track digital advertising performance; and
• Actively manage digital advertising campaigns to maximize reach and conversion (sign ups, donations,
Digital Fundraising Strategy
• Carry out, under guidance of the director of development, digital fundraising strategies (e.g. email and
social media fundraising appeals); and
• Track online donor data to inform and evaluate digital fundraising strategy.
• Minimum of three years of experience in communications, advocacy, or digital campaigning.
• Project management experience.
• General knowledge of issues in animal agriculture and food systems, such as: regenerative agriculture,
veg* advocacy, environmental sustainability, environmental racism, public health, farmworker and
slaughterhouse labor, food justice, food sovereignty, indigenous Land Back movement.
• Experience communicating and building relationships with diverse audiences, such as rural communities,
urban food sovereignty and labor movements, BIPOC communities, social justice advocates, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to consistently and efficiently generate written communications.
• Creative problem-solving ability.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Self-starting, with the ability to take initiative and follow through.
• Ability to multitask, work with minimal direct oversight, and meet deadlines
• Support for FF’s mission and the ability to advocate for FF’s positions on a range of issues including being
committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ability and willingness to articulate and model the values of the organization.
• Ability and willingness to work in a virtual office with a dynamic and collaborative culture.
A commitment to shared organizational values: compassion for human and nonhuman animals, building an antiracist organization, transparency, collaboration, and a systemic and multi-stakeholder approach to creating
Farm Forward is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance
with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Work remotely with some travel required for staff retreats and professional meetings.
This is a full-time contract-to-hire position. After three months we will collectively evaluate whether the position is
a match for both the employee and organization and if so, convert the position to salaried. During the three
month period, candidates will have clear deliverables and will be given monthly progress reports describing any
areas for improvement. Salary is determined based on a transparent formula that takes into consideration cost of
living, student debt, and relevant experience. The salary range for the position is $45,000 to $57,000, which
includes a healthcare stipend.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a link to a portfolio or attach relevant examples of your work to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the application
process will close no later than June 1, 2021. Feel free to contact us with questions about the position or